I have been getting more than my money’s worth from my Ninja lately. If you have a Vitamix you can play along with me too. I have been making smoothies and just started with sorbets as well.
I am drinking the last of this morning’s smoothie as I write this.
This is a protein smoothie, so here goes:
- 1 scoop whey protein
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 6 nice sized strawberries
- a little water (1/4 cup?)
- ice cubes ~ mine I use 6 -8 but ice maker may be different
Put the whole thing in the Ninja.
Pulse until smooth.
I also put sorbet in the freezer. Ready?
- 1 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 cup frozen fresh strawberries
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (you could use agave or honey if you wish)
Pulse until smooth. Pour into a freezer safe container. Freeze. Eat!
These treats will be a regular part of my diet this summer. I have ideas and recipes for other fruit and combinations. In fact, you can make some of the a little spicy!
But for now, I am finishing my protein smoothie and waiting for my sorbet to set. I made a luscious salsa for dinner, but I will show you that tomorrow.
Try a smoothie. You can use the yogurt and fruit without the protein too. Either way… ENJOY!!